Re: The redlines are here!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The redlines are here!
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: 31 Jan 1997 13:58:39 GMT
Shane Ingate said:

>Does "remolded" mean "retread" or "recap" (depending upon
>which continent/hemisphere we come from)?  If so, do they have a
>speed rating (H-, V-, Z- or whatever)?  They sound great.  Will they
>give smiles-per-hour to the more "spirited" drivers?  :)

                  (rest of message deleted)

Shane and others:

Whatever they're called make no mistake about it, these ARE remanufactured
tires.  They claim that the "remoulding" is a newer and better process than
the old "recapping" that some of us older types remember.  Give John at AAA a
call for details on the exact process, speed rating, etc.

For true performance, brand new rubber is definately the way to go but I did
not want to do that and have to part with the unique redlines on the TR6.
British Wire Wheel and others will sell you brand new rubber and then "cut
and color" a redline into the tire.  I've never known that process to work
well.  Time will change the color.  There's a lot of cars currently out there
with "brownlines" on them.  They're also about $150/ea.

Joe Merone
CF18928