The redlines are here!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The redlines are here!
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: 29 Jan 1997 16:47:12 GMT
TRIPHSTEVE@AOL.COM wrote:

> Hello list-
>
> Can anyone tell me the best source for Michelin red line tires for a TR
250?
> I have previously purchased them from Coker for a TR6, but have since been
> told they are no longer remaking the tire. Is anyone else?
>
> Any redline substitutes that look close to original? Cost? Suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve Thornton
> Bowling Green, KY

>steve, i've kept a website address for a source of remoulded redlines.
>it's "www.classicar.com". i haven't bought anything yet, but i've kept
>the address for when i get ready. then i'll be comparing them to coker.
>also, hemmings news lists many tire manufacturers for classic cars. good
>luck!

>tom 76 tr6 cf56542

Steve and Tom,

I just met the Airborne delivery guy at the door with my new redlines from
Antique Automotive Accessories.  205/70 Michelins that are remolded with a
redline and a nice tread.  They look great!  I can't wait for spring to get
them on.  A friend of mine up here also bought a set for his TR250 currently
undergoing a total restoration.  Unfortunately they were running a sale on
them that ended on December 31st but I think they're still worth it at
$99/ea.  Give John at AAA a call at 1-800-742-6777.

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT
TR6  CF18928