RE: triumph horns

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: RE: triumph horns
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:36:50 -0800
Cc: "'ngallagher@webb-institute.edu'" <ngallagher@webb-institute.edu>, "'suhring@lancnews.infi.net'" <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
This is great information Dan. I have a broken high note horn which based
on your list of possibilities, I suspect is the contacts corrode together.
I say this because anytime I try to use the horn I blow a fuse instantly.
 This leads to a clarification for your horn test at the end of your mail.
When connecting the horn to the battery, be sure that one of the wires
you're using to do the connection has an inline fuse. Otherwise you could
experience a direct short if you have connections corroded together in the
horn.

Eric.

From:  DANMAS@aol.com [SMTP:DANMAS@aol.com]
Testing horns: they are very simple to test - connect the negative
terminal
of the horn to the ground terminal of your
battery, and connect the positive terminal of the horn to the positive
terminal of your battery. If the horn is good, it will
sound, if not, it won't.