Rough running TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rough running TR6
From: ROBERT <RUDOLPHI@tessco.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 10:01:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: RUDOLPHI@tessco.com
I have a problem with rough running of my TR6, and I am hoping the wisdom
of the list may be able to help. A little background I have a 74 with a
little bit of a built engine, shaved head, mild cam, stock carbs, electronic
ignition (Piranha). The car runs great with fresh plugs but after 200-300
miles it developes a miss at around 1500 rpm. It pulls strong after that all
the way to redline. When I replace the plugs they look fine. Adjusting the
carbs seems to make no difference. I do seem to use quite a bit of oil in
the carbs need to be filled about every 50 to 100 miles. Also there is
usually a fair amount of black soot around the tailpipes which leads me to
belive a rich mixture, but again the plugs look ok when I replace them. The
car does not burn any oil, just drips it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Robert Rudolphi 74 TR6
 Baltimore Md