Re: TR-4 Parts wanted

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-4 Parts wanted
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 09:05:28 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Art,

Yes, it does seem to be a little tricky. I have a radio installed in the
car right now which is mounted on a metal piece that goes from the top
of the U-shaped part, to the underside of the dash. It looks fine, and I
don't really care if it's original or not. My concern is saftey. Since
I'm 6'3" my knee rests just behind the edge of this plate. If I were to
run into something it would directly intersect the middle of my knee.
Since car parts are easier to get and install than knees I think I
should change this piece to something that doesn't stick out so far.
Maybe I'll just make up a new blanking plate that's narrower and be done
with it. I'll check some other cars at the club meeting next week and
see what they have. Thanks!!

Cheers,

John Matthews
2 good knees!!