Re: TR-4 Parts wanted

To: dsforza@megahits.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-4 Parts wanted
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 01:06:26 -0400 (EDT)

> Art, I would be interested in the Blanking Plate. I have a radio cutout
that
>  I've blanked up with some vinyl. But a "real" blanking plate would be
nice.

>  How much?

Don, this is becoming an interesting thread.  When I picked up my car (at the
factory) it had no radio.  I had been warned that it would be stolen on the
ship to the U.S. so I had not ordered one.  The car had a blanking plate.
 About a week after I picked up the car in Bayonne NJ (two months after I
bought it),  I had a radio installed with a "radio plate" that I had obtained
from a dealer.  I threw away the blanking plate.  Who would have thought that
33 years later, the blanking plate would be a topic of discussion.

What it was was a simple steel plate, finished in wrinkle black, which was
bolted onto the console and fit in the same place as the "radio plate" for
the radio.  The plate for the radio had the same dimensions, but had a hole
for the radio in it.  The dimensions were such that either plate covered the
same space and did not stick out on the sides of the console.  The blanking
plate made the console look completely closed.

It was no big deal at the time but I have gotten 4 or 5 messages on it in the
last month.

I have not seen one in any catlogues.  Maybe some vendor has one for sale but
you could make one from steel or aluminum.  I have a picture of the console
with the "blanking plate" which I could fax to you if you'd like.  BUT if you
have the radio plate:

1)  Make a "blind" (blanking) plate of the same dimensions

2)  Paint it wrinkle black

3)  Install it  AND

4)  Keep the "radio" plate you have for later on or to sell to someone who
wants to install a radio.   Cheers

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant