Re: Frame Differences on TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frame Differences on TR6
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 15:34:05 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I'm only two weeks behind on the digest, but I wanted to comment.

1. Chad Jester is correct the frames will interchange with no problem.

2. The later frames are reinforced better (the lower A frame mounts, for
instance) than the early frames. I forget the cutover, I think it was
arounf CC75000 or so and you get the stronger frame.

I would suggest that if you have the body off of the frame that you buy
the various gusset and reinforcing kits from TRF (or fabricate your own)
and take the time to strengthen everything while it is easy to get to.

Some of the repairs that you might have to do later on are a real pain
when the body is bolted on.

bye,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |