Re: Spit 1500 Brakes

To: Jason Burden <jason@clinic.net>
Subject: Re: Spit 1500 Brakes
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 21:13:28 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jason,

Andy's right about the hand brake adjustment. The hand brake lever should
only pull up about 4 or 5 inches at the handle.

You may also want to flush and re-bleed the whole brake system. There
may by air in the system. Also, f you just purchased the car, you don't
know how long that fluid has been in there. DOT 4 needs to be changed
every two years to keep the moisture content at a minimum. Moisture
lowers the boiling point and causes corrosion. Neither of which is good
for the brake system.

Good luck,
Charlie B.