Re: Clutch Quote

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch Quote
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 23:03:00 -0400 (EDT)
Damian,

        That's a high quote. For a TR6, the parts are about $130-$180.
There is alot of work involved. You basically need to remove the transmission.
At $50/hour, the guy is basing his quote at 15 hours. I'm preparing to do a
clutch
job myself and I've been told it's about 3 hours out and 2.5 in (or
something like
that). So, if it's 6 hours, the job should be about $450. You can do alot to
bring that
cost down. Take out the center console and transmission cover. If the
mechanic is not a
long distance, you can drive the car there. Have him do the heavy stuff and
put the cover and
console back yourself. This will save about 2 hours (1 out and 1 in).

        hope this helps,
        Jeff N.

At 09:31 AM 8/4/97 -0700, you wrote:
> Hi, can anybody give me a rough estimate of how much it would cost to get a
>clutch replaced, and any recommendations in the San Francisco area for good
>shops ? I was just quoted ~$900, which seems kinda high to me.
>
>Thanks a lot, Damian

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.