Re: TR6 alloy valve covers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 alloy valve covers
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 07:59:19 -0700
>Scions,
>
>        I'd like to spiff up the engine compartment of "Rags",
>and I figure a brightly polished alloy valve cover would set
>off the chromed K&N filter pods nicely.

Shane:

Get the one from Victoria British.  The ribs are quite deep, at about 3/8".
Years ago I ordered the one that TRF offered, (at the time... 'bout 7
years ago or so) and I was so disgusted at the poor quality I sent it back
immediately.  The ribs were very shallow, the casting had pinholes all over
it and the sides were wavy.  Terrible!  I couldn't believe that TRF would
dare sell such a piece of junk! (this is the one with "TRIUMPH TUNE" cast
into the top surface)  When I got the one from VB, I was ecstatic.  It is
beautiful.  You can get it in either black (with polished ribs... really
pops!) or all in polished aluminum, which also looks nice.  I got the
black.

Check it out!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6