TR3A Doors

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3A Doors
From: "Perry T. Hammock" <phammock@ivy.tec.in.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:14:27 -0500
Looked at a 59 TR3 this weekend, pre60001, so has the flat hood and trunk lids,
built up rear "seat".  The DCO has had some body "work" done, including new
floor pans (flat cut stainless sheets bolted over the rusted out pans), fender
work (welded the seams front and rear!) and bond rust work.  The interesting
thing was that the doors overlapped the body at the rear edge by a good quarter
inch.  Front gap looked reasonable, as did bottom.  Rockers had been repaired
in a similar ugly fashion.  I have made an offer on the car, as it has good
mechanicals, and I have a good body with bad mechanicals.  I'm curious why the
weird door fit, since the pans weren't removed.  Any ideas early TR folks?  I
wonder, Rob, if they did the floor work on stands and messed up the gap that
bad?  Seems like the car would be kinked somewhere.