Re: pinstripe - again

To: Joseph Burlein <josephb@bluedevils.aftac.gov>, libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Subject: Re: pinstripe - again
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 14:14:58 -0400 "Re: pinstripe - again" (Aug 5, 1:35pm)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Subject: Re: pinstripe - again
> Carl,
>
> I read somewhere that pin stripes were not from the factory, but
> added later.  I have no idea if they were US dealer add-ons or
> after-market.  My first 6 had two thin white strips below the
> body crease.
>
> Joe Burlein
> 72 TR-6
> Melbourne, FL
>
> On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, libertyc wrote:
>
> > I still would like info on the TR6 pinstripe.  Is it a double stripe?
> > Located just below or above the body line/crease?  Thanks.
> >
> > Carl Huppert  libertyc@erols.com
> >

>-- End of excerpt from Joseph Burlein

I don't now nor have I ever actually owned a TR6, but a number of my
co-workers bought them when I lived in England in the mid '70s. None
of them had pin striping when they picked them up. One of the guys
put red and white pin stripes on his French Blue car, and another put
yellow or beige stripes on his Sienna car. This was in 1975-76.
Earlier cars may have had stripes, but I think that it was a dealer
installed option.

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
dmitchel@ford.com