Re: pinstripe - again

To: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Subject: Re: pinstripe - again
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 21:30:17 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
libertyc wrote:

> I still would like info on the TR6 pinstripe.  Is it a double stripe?
> Located just below or above the body line/crease?  Thanks.
>
> Carl Huppert  libertyc@erols.com

Carl:

When I bought my '70 TR6, the pin stripe was single and was dirrectly
on the crease. I did not put on a pinstripe with the new paint job for 2
reasons.
First, as far as I can tell, pinstripes were an american add on and
were not factory installed. I spoke to a local car dealer who was listed
in the original service brochure as a Triumph dealer. The person who
answered the phone was the owner and I couldn't stop him from talking
about the days of selling Triumphs. Anyway, he indicated that the
stripes
were added as an American preference.... He is also checking his
warehouse
because he thinks he has boxes of original sales pamphlets which I
quickly
offered to buy (will let the list know). Second, and most obvious, I can
always add them later! ;-)

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtwon, PA
'70 TR6