Re: Extended TR6 Wheel Studs

To: "B. Dotten" <jdotten@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Extended TR6 Wheel Studs
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:11:10 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Listers,
>
>       I am once again calling for help. First it was trying to find
> spacers, and this list made it possible to find them(3/4"). Know I need
> Help to find extended 1 3/4" wheel studs to put the stupid spacers on. I
> having as much trouble as I did trying to find the wheel spacers.
> Anybody can supply or knows a supplier, please let me know. And is this
> size the right size I should be getting to put on wheel spacers.
> Thanks to all.
>
> Jere Dotten
> 74' TR6

Jere,

(IMHO)I'm pretty sure that one would use longer wheel nuts to secure
wheels with spacers. I would imagine that the unused threaded portion
of an extra long threaded stud would be a weak point...

Then again perhaps the longer studs would only be threaded at the
business end however much needed...

Chris Lillja
TR4A
Norton Commando