Re: Extended TR6 Wheel Studs

To: "B. Dotten" <jdotten@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Extended TR6 Wheel Studs
From: Glenn Franco <gfranco@provide.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 22:29:13 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
B. Dotten wrote:

> Listers,
>
>         I am once again calling for help. First it was trying to find
> spacers, and this list made it possible to find them(3/4"). Know I need
> Help to find extended 1 3/4" wheel studs to put the stupid spacers on. I
> having as much trouble as I did trying to find the wheel spacers.
> Anybody can supply or knows a supplier, please let me know. And is this
> size the right size I should be getting to put on wheel spacers.
> Thanks to all.
>
> Jere Dotten
> 74' TR6
-----------------------
Just went through this Jere and I found my spacers at Carlise and had no
luck with extended studs from the big three suppliers.

I did purchase mine through Summit ( the racing catalog ) and after two
tries got the right size. They list two types of 7/16" studs and you
need the larger .560 knurl and they are Dorman HPX. Summits number is
1-800-230-3030 and they are pretty helpfull.

Expect to drill (enlarge slightly to provide and interference fit)

I also purchased their race lug nuts with a 45 deg seat. My wheels are
fastwheel steel 8 inch wide wheels and they work well. Your wheel are
aluminum so stick with a normal lug nut. I left my studs at the as
delivered length.

Good Luck

Glenn Franco

71 & 74 TR6's