Re: propane for A/C (no LBC content)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: propane for A/C (no LBC content)
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 20:28:10 -0700
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Charlie Brown wrote:

> Scott,
>
> All you have to do is look at the patent expiration date of R-12. As soon
> as DuPont could no longer corner the market on the material, it became
> the worst possible thing for our environment. News Flash--One single
> volcano eruption spews forth more florocarbons into the atmosphere that
> the human race could ever think about.

> > Personally, I am willing to look at any alternative to R-134a.  In my
> > personal research on the ozone depletion/CFC issue, I uncovered a few
> > facts about R134-a that have been largely suppressed:
> > 1. It is less efficient than r12, requiring half again as much volume in
> > the system to do the same job. a retrofit will result in less cooling
> > than before.
> > 2. It is so highly corrosive that the entire system will be destroyed
> > and have to be completely replaced within five years (my local paper
> > recently had an article fron the AP about this very thing--after the
>>ban

Take a look at FRIGC FR-12 distributed nationally by Penzoil.  The have
three 800 #'S

1.  Application and installation  800 555-1442

2.  Product info  800 458-4998

3.  Sales info  800 332-6457

I have plenty of R-12 For my TR8 or I would be using it(after I replace
the evaporator and get it working).

Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC
72 TR6