Re: Piranha ignition module

To: "Dave Chu" <dave@ECE.concordia.CA>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Piranha ignition module
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:33:16 -0700
Dave asks...

> Does anyone have any info about Piranha ignition module.  I have one
> that was mounted on the firefall of my 78 Spitfire with its leads cut.
> Is it worth my time to get this module working?

<snip>

Dave -

Here at the "never throw anything away" garage, I found my directions for
the Piranha ignition unit. (In one of the extra holes in the Venolia piston
box, under the Blaupunkt AM/FM/SW tube radio - if you have to ask...)
Unless you have the led unit and "chopper" wheel which replace the points
and fit under the rotor respectively, the module isn't gonna do you much
good. But, if you do indeed have all the pieces, this is how they go:

The big wires on the module:
        Blue = ground
        Yellow = dist side of coil (remove existing wire from coil to dist)
        Red = powered side of coil (12 volts) - don't forget to wire this
"upstream" of                                             any ballast
resistor used
The little wires to the led unit :
        Yellow = closest to outside edge of module
        Blue = center position
        Red/Black = innermost connector

As many have pointed out...be careful of the smoke...
        Nick in Nor Cal