Re: thermostats

To: jruwaldt@indiana.edu
Subject: Re: thermostats
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 22:48:54 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-08-06 10:38:03 EDT, jruwaldt@indiana.edu (James Charles
Ruwaldt) writes:

> I don't know about other Triumphs, but I've found my TR6 has
>  nothing against the off-the-shelf thermostat and air filters I've put in
>  it.  I'm sure there are other parts I can just get off the shelf.

OK, folks before we start a huge thread about using "off-the-shelf"
thermostats, let me ask one question and then make a comment.

Question - did the TR6 have a skirted thermotat?

Comment - the TR2/3/4/4A had a skirted thermostat and that is why
"off-the-shelf" unskirted thermostats don't work as well in those models.  So
if the answer to the question is that TR6's did not have a skirted thermostat
then we are comparing unlike things.  (AKA comparing apples and oranges).

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L