Re: thermostats

Subject: Re: thermostats
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:36:35 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Precisely.  I don't know about other Triumphs, but I've found my TR6 has
nothing against the off-the-shelf thermostat and air filters I've put in
it.  I'm sure there are other parts I can just get off the shelf.  In
fact, I've already replaced the battery and light bulbs with standard
items, even the headlights.  So, if you want originality, that's one
thing, but I usually figure, if the part fits, use it, especially when
it's a lot cheaper than the "original", which is often only a remake anyway.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)
Bloomington, IN