Re: Importing Cars

To: jruwaldt@indiana.edu
Subject: Re: Importing Cars
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 22:48:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-08-06 10:39:09 EDT, jruwaldt@indiana.edu (James Charles
Ruwaldt) writes:

>  ... when this thread was started, the question was raised as to how
>  Canadian regulations in the early seventies differed from U.S.
>  regulations.  I posted a similar question a few months ago and received
>  no replies.  Did Canadian regulations differ significantly from U.S. regs
>  in which case European manufacturers simply applied the one standard,
>  since Canada is a much smaller market, or did the Canadian government try
>  to remain at least as stringent as the U.S. government?
>  Jim Ruwaldt

Jim, I can tell you that in 1982, when I was stationed at Supreme HQ. Allied
Powers, Europe (SHAPE), the Canadians had the same problems with getting
their cars back home as we Yanks did.  At that time there was something
called North American specifications.  When those came into being, I don't
know.

Art Kelly