[Fwd: Re: Gestapo]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Gestapo]
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 11:02:41 -0700
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 11:01:11 -0700
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
To: Brent Martin <b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu>
Subject: Re: Gestapo

Brent Martin wrote:

> In message Thu, 7 Aug 97 12:47:50 -0000,
>   Phil Smith <smith007@ix.netcom.com>  writes:
>
> > However if there is any truth to the rumor, that yearly thousands of
> > invironmental laws are being passed, without  our knowledge,
>
> > I don't know if this is true or not, do you know for sure it is not.
>
> With great trepidation, I comment on the hopes that this list can return to
> Triumph issues....Phil, we live in an embarassingly open society. In most
> (all?) states and certainly in the Federal government, all laws and
> virtually everything that is written down is available at minimal cost to
> you for the asking through a variety of "freedom of information" laws; but
> it basically is a waste of time to ask as many of these things are available
> on the Web. If you are concerned, do a web search, call your Congressman.

Brent,

A voice from my alma mater. Thanks for your response and to all the
others who took the time to reply. And you are absolutely right about the
ready availabilty of existing and even proposed regulations. RIGHT WING
LEFT WING both sides of the same warped coin. I'm an avowed centrist who
works in the system in a small attempt to promote cooperation over
confrontation and education before litigation, no axes to grind either
way.

However, while our common cause is Triumphs there are peripheral issues
that are associated with the operation of our machines and the laws that
effect them in a technological society that also are worthy of discussion
even on a list dedicated to Triumphs. Besides, I find it somewhat
exhilarating to discover other common causes among the correspondents to
the list. I may never get to meet most of you and the discussion that
this issue has engendered, the free flow of ideas, has helped me learn
more about all who responded and maybe in some small way added to the
benefits we all derive from this list. Don't sell the discussion short,
it's how meaningful and lasting relationships are formed even in an
impersonal technology such as the NET. Again, a heartfelt thanks for your
replys.

Your's in the spirit of the Triumph experience and international
cooperation and communication.