Re: TR4- Speedometer Cable

To: steve.bonner@ustc.vlsi.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4- Speedometer Cable
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:28:52 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-07 15:13:50 EDT, steve.bonner@ustc.vlsi.COM (Steve
Bonner) writes:

> I finished restoring a '62 TR4 with overdrive.  Can someone let me know how
>  the speedometer cable is routed from the transmission to the speedometer?
>  I tried to route it from the transmission, beside the starter, back
between
>  the engine and battery and ended up with about 3 feet of extra cable.
>
>  Thanks,

Steve, it is routed up into the engine bay on the driver's side (LHD) of the
battery.  Then it goes forward and loops back through the firewall and
directly into the speedometer.  You will find that the "loop" in the engine
bay is about 2 or 3 ft. in length.  This, I believe, is to insure that there
are no kinks in the cable run and that it goes straight into the speedometer.
 If I have not explained this clearly, please come back to me.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant