Re: TR6 Vacuum Retard

To: Mark Stahlke <mstahlke@denver.infi.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Vacuum Retard
From: Bill Woodruff <woodruff@fail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 13:57:08 -0700
At 01:45 PM 8/8/97 -0700, Mark Stahlke wrote:

>   Given the current setup (vacuum retard fed directly from intake manifold),
>is the vacuum retard system keeping the timing retarded a couple of degrees
>all the time? If so, why not disconnect it entirely? I'm not concerned about

Mark,
        I thought you said your new distributor was mechanical advance only...?
If not and you have the vacuum retard hooked up directly to the intake
manifold, it could
be retarding your timing - it depends on how the engine has been timed.
Before I make any more suggestions, perhaps you could clarify exactly what
is in your car.

William Woodruff                                woodruff@fail.com
San Francisco, CA