Re: new owner!

To: Kay Larkin <larkink@ohsu.EDU>
Subject: Re: new owner!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 22:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Kay Larkin wrote:

> it's got a new wiring harness that i helped install and now some of the
> lights don't work. here's the odd part, when i attach the little light
> bulb to the ammeter it lights, then when i turn on the lights it goes
> out. none of the other instrument lights ever come on, nor the
> leadlights, taillights, brakelights, turn signals, or wiper. however,
> the parking lights and plate lights do come on when turned on. there's
> even 12 volts getting to the headlight wires when i turn them 'on'. any
> ideas?

According to my TR4 factory wiring diagram, the rheostat should get power
via a red wire from terminal A2 of the fuse box (the other side of said
fuse fed by a red w/green wire from the main lighting switch -- terminal
#7). The other terminal of the rheostat should have three red w/white
tracer wires coming out of it; those feed the instrument lights.

It's possible, if all the wiring is correct, that the rheostat is not
working properly. It could be replaced, at least temporarily, by a simple
on-off switch to test the circuit.

That's my guess! :-)

--Andy

p.s. Confidential to Art Kelly: How'd I do? :-)