Re: tr6 diff mounts - poly?

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: Re: tr6 diff mounts - poly?
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 20:57:28 1997
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hum, believe Bob Kramer answered this one.  This was just one
of many points that we disagreed on concerning TR6's modifications.
Over time, one of us (usually me) has admitted defeat!

Bob is correct, use Poly diff mounts.  Do it once and forget it!

> Further, it seems that the "hardness" might do more harm than good if
> more road shock is transmitted to the frame because the mounts are not
> absorbing them as much as the stock rubber ones would.

Rethink this and you'll see the road shock goes to the wheels.  The diff
is mounted to the car, only driveline vibration is transmitted to the body
by the mounts.  Believe me, if you've got driveline vibration, you won't
feel it for long...  (new rubber and poly are about the same)

The ONLY negative I've heard is the poly will hold moisture/sweat
more than rubber.   So its important to paint the flat contact points.

I've done 3 cars with poly diff mounts, Bob another 3, no problems.

Roger