TR250/TR6 Battery Box

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR250/TR6 Battery Box
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 09 Aug 97 09:01:54 EDT
        Ken,

        I recently fitted TRF's battery box to my TR250 and had the same
problem.
I had to cut one of the corners of the box off with a hacksaw (Bodge! DPO!) to
make it fit, on the theory that a 4.5-sided battery tray was better than nothing
at all. With the bars in place, it's not too obvious, and if you're leaking that
much acid a new battery is in order anyway. Just make sure the box doesn't foul
the rubber steering column link when you're done, mine did. More surgery fixed
that.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L