Re: New owner 77 Spit

To: NewYorkie@aol.com
Subject: Re: New owner 77 Spit
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 08:46:36 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
NewYorkie@aol.com wrote:

> As a project for myself and 11 year old son just purchased a 77 Spit. Overall
> in good condition needs minor body and mechanical work and a new interior.
> When we removed the seats we found in the drivers seat cushion a 4 inch round
> pressure switch wired to car. Have not traced wire yet. Is this a common part
> and if so what is its function?
>  Also and please excuse my lack of knowledge of Triumphs, why does the
> carburator need oil added to the dashpot? Never saw an american carburator
> need this?
>  Also I have learned  volumes just in the week I have been reading your Mail.
> Thanks to all.

I believe that switch connects via the
green/yellow/red/magenta/ochre/lamp cord/bits of tin foil wire directly
to the Drive Resistor..  (If the wiring in my Spit was correct.)

;^)

(Actually it's part of the probably long since disconnected seat belt
interlock system...)

Welcome to the wonderful world of Spitfires!  I'm re-doing a '77 Spit
myself..  There are pictures on my web site, although there are more
recent ones coming soon.

John
--
Come see us on the Web!