FW: DASH CRASH PAD, GT6

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: DASH CRASH PAD, GT6
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 22:59:14 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["Theis, Karl J"
<THESKJ@edex.ems.lmco.com>]]

     Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:34:58 -0700
     From: "Theis, Karl J" <THESKJ@edex.ems.lmco.com>
     Subject: DASH CRASH PAD, GT6

friends on the list,
I know, I know, I know I'm looking for the rarest of parts, but I
really really really need to find a good one.   Does anyone on the
list have a lead on finding an uncracked dash crash pad for a '68
GT6MKI?  I hear you all snickering... I know I have never seen one.
I'm aiming for a finish date for my ground -up, frame off, bare
metal, everything new or refurbished restoration of my GT6 of July
'98, in time for VTR Nationals in Minnesota (ya, sure, ya betcha).
Since this on-going project has been dragging on now for eleven
years, I need a goal, and the VTR '98 convention is it.  The pad I
have now is badly cracked and the dash overlay I put on it just
doesn't cut it, appearance-wise.  The dash pad on my daily driver GT6
is also cracked, so that isn't an option either.   So I am reduced to
begging.  Any leads out there?

Thanks,
Karl Theis
Denver
PS-Are these pads interchangeable between models - could I fit a pad
off a 1500 Spitfire, for example?