Re: Spoke too soon on Spit hesitation fix

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Spoke too soon on Spit hesitation fix
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:08:21 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Joe W. writes:
> >It seems that my Spitfire now has an intermittent hesitation on acceleration.
> >After cleaning the needle and replacing the dashpot oil, a short drive showed
> >no problem. I went out a few hours later and it suddenly became worse than
> >before - almost total engine stoppage when pressing on the gas -

Joe, Try this if you have a non electronic ignition. Replace the
condenser on the distributor. My Tiger had the same symptoms, It'd run
fine, then randomly sputter and die. it finally died and ended up
getting towed home. I never suspected the condenser 'cause it was only a
year old. Any way, replacing it eliminated the problem.