Re: Monterey Historic Races (Aug 15 to 17)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Monterey Historic Races (Aug 15 to 17)
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 97 09:41:12 PDT
Cc: jmwagner@greenheart.com
Justin Wagner wrote:
        > Does anyone know about the Monterey Historic Races Aug 15-17
        > Is there camping available?
All,
        I'll be going for the "Ford love in" at Monterey (DeTomaso
is the honoured marque at the Concourse Italiano (Fri 15), Shelby the
honoured marque at the historic races (15-17), and Tom Tjaarda
(designer of the Pantera) the honoured designer at the Pebble Beach
Concourse (Sun 17)).
        Unfortunately, I believe every thing has been booked out
within a 30-mile radius of Monterey.  The camping areas at Laguna Seca
were booked out a year ago.
        I know of several TR4s that will be racing (I dont know of any
TR3s, but I am sure there will be).  I wont be taking the TR6; I'll be
driving the Pantera, as I am participating in the Ferrari-Pantera
Challenge races at Laguna Seca on Monday the 18.  Should be a blast.
        Is anyone from the list going?

        Shane Ingate, worn out from wrenching, in San Diego