Re: Leaking Fluids

To: Jason Burden <jason@clinic.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking Fluids
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:38:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jason Burden wrote:

>         Mabe somebody out there can shed some light on this problem I am
>having. I
> am leaking gasoline. If you are facing the car its on the left hand side,
> almost directly below the carb. I have looked all over trying to find the
> source of the leak, with no luck. Its not a terribly fast leak.. it makes a
> small patch on the ground over night, but it is very irritating. Any ideas?
>
> ** ** ** ** ** ** **
> Jason Burden
> CC. Net
> jason@clinic.net

Jason:

Have you checked the sealing plug on the bottom of the carb bowl (carbs,
if you have two-you didn't say what car)? Normally, if it's leaking, you
can feel fuel on the smooth bottom surface of the plug (it's brass).
This is a common problem, requiring replacement of the o-ring on the
sealing plug(s).  This can be done without pulling the carb(s) off of
the manifold. If this is the source of your leak, let me know and I'll
describe o-ring replacement.  It's a 30 minute job.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire (under the knife)