Re: GT6 fan question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 fan question
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 07:11:09 -0700
Chris O. writes:
>     Hi, while looking over my new purchase I noticed that the fan has some
>     "play" in relation to the pulley.  It does not wobble, just rotates
>     slightly on its mounting bolts.  It looks like the bolts pass through
>     some rubber bushings.  Is some play normal, or do I need to replace
>     the bushings?  The bolts are tight.  If I need bushings, has anyone
>     pulled a fan with out pulling the radiator?  Also the fan belt is on
>     its last leg, is this a part that I could source at a local auto parts
>     store?
**************************
Chris, The bolts do pass thorough a vibration damper arrangement, that
consists of a rubber bush (4), metal sleeve (4), washer (4), and locking
plate (2).  A slight movement consistent with the resistance from the
rubber bush is normal, play is not.  The fan belt should be available at
any good parts house, and yes, you will be able to replace the fan and
bushings without removing the radiator, but it won't be that easy :-)

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )