RE: GT6 fan question

To: Chris_Oliver@emh3.arl.mil, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: GT6 fan question
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 9:07:18 -0500
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Chris,
You can change the fan without removing the radiator. I don't think the fan
should have any play though. You might see if it just needs to be tightened.
If that doesn't work then get a set of rubber grommets and if you don't know
for sure if they are there a set of the metal bushings as well. Don't forget
to use the locking straps on the bolts. The locking straps might not be on
you fan annd that is why it came loose in the first place.
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
Austin, TX
http://www.exact.com/~gt6mk3

From: Chris_Oliver@emh3.arl.mil@INTERNET on Tue, Aug 12, 1997 9:26 AM
Subject: GT6 fan question

     Hi, while looking over my new purchase I noticed that the fan has some
     "play" in relation to the pulley.  It does not wobble, just rotates
     slightly on its mounting bolts.  It looks like the bolts pass through
     some rubber bushings.  Is some play normal, or do I need to replace
     the bushings?  The bolts are tight.  If I need bushings, has anyone
     pulled a fan with out pulling the radiator?  Also the fan belt is on
     its last leg, is this a part that I could source at a local auto parts
     store?  thanks, Chris