Re: roll bar wisdom?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: roll bar wisdom?
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 97 11:34:11 PDT
Scions,

        I too have a Autopower bar (it looks the same as advertized
by the Big 3).  Autopower are here in San Diego (619/297-3300).  It
mounts at 4 locations on the shelf behind the seats of my TR6, but
with the points so close together, it really is not a true 4-point
bar.  I had Autopower weld in a extra diagonal brace.

        However after reading the wisdom of the list, I do worry
about the integrity of the shelf to which the bar is bolted.  It
is awfully thin sheet metal back there.  Someone suggested using
reinforcing steel plate.  That should be pretty easy to do, and I will
put it on my list of "to dos".  Some steel plate welded to the
underside of the shelf with holes drilled to accept the bar should
help tremendously.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego