Re: Battery Problems

To: seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Battery Problems
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:31:47 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-12 09:56:28 EDT, seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu (Edward
Hutchinson) writes:

> I am having some problems with the battery in my TR6 - after starting the
>  car several times during the day - at various intervals - the battery
seems
>  to die. The guage on the dash indicates that it is charging when the
engine
>  in running. The battery takes a charge when I put the battery charger on
it.
>  I've tested each of the cells and they all check out good.

Ed:

Cranking a car, especially if it is somewhat hard to start, takes a lot out
of a battery. It takes a lot of charging time to replenish, particularly with
the anemic Lucas alternators on these cars. You didn't say how often you
start it, nor how long you drive between starts, but it just might be that
you aren't driving it enough to recharge the battery.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74