Re: Z-S PART 2

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Z-S PART 2
From: dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com (david r simpson)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:56:25 -0400 (EDT)
To list

All this talk about Z-S, has make me think a little bit more about how these
"Constant
Depression" carbs work  (thinking again this could be dangerous).  Since
these carbs
regulate the the air/fuel mixture by the vacuum (draft) through the throat.
Would these
carbs not be affected by elevation changes?   Since less dense air would
create less lift
on the damper ie: needle lift.  I am assuming the air at different
elevations contains
the same percentage of oxygen.  Anyone care to expland on this theory?  Or
just plain set
me straight.

Dave Simpson
NE Ohio