RE: Removing tarnish from inside carb bowl

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: RE: Removing tarnish from inside carb bowl
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On 12 Aug 1997, Vincenti, Ross wrote:

> Use lacquer thinner.  Best stuff in the world for cleaning stubborn
> clinging goop like you described.

I used acetone, seemed to work well.  It needed some help with a brush /
steel wool however.

To the List:

Any hints on what I can use to repair a crack in the float?  It is very
very tiny and probably due to some gorilla working on the car, removing
the float with a screwdriver.

Wasn't me, honest!!  :-)  The gas in the float smells ancient.  I am
thinking of using 5-minute epoxy after I evacuate the fuel.  Lucky for me
it is a hot day...

Thanks...

-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.