Removing tarnish from inside carb bowl

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Removing tarnish from inside carb bowl
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 13:56:45 -0700 (PDT)
I took the TR4 for its first extended run yesterday, ran like a charm!
Except...  when I arrived I popped the hood to see if anything was
steaming or smoking, instead I was greeted by a leaking float bowl!  eeks!

Anyway, it appeared that the needle had been stuck open (or the float
stuck down, it didn't happen again after I dismantled everything and
rubbed oil over the mating surfaces.

But, is there any way to properly remove the built up tarnish that is on
all the brass pieces?  The service manuals suggest that I only use clean
gasoline to bathe all the pieces.  I'm not sure if this will do much,
because they've been bathing in clean gasoline since I got the car :(

I have at my disposal:
a nylon 'wire-brush', both toothbrush-style and moto-tool
some Brasso
some solvent
a regular wire brush, and a brass one (somewhere)
Super-Clean!! (tm) gasoline :)
oil, grease, etc.
Nevr-Seez
Honing Compound (green stuff, for sharpening steel implements)
600 grit sandpaper

Can I use a combination of the above to clean things up?

Should I lubricate the moving parts with anything?

Thanks...
-Malcolm

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.