[no subject]

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: "Van S. Griffin" <van@nucmar.physics.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:03:06 -0400 (EDT)
Scions,
        On the calculation of wasted horsepower for the turning fan in a
Triumph, while it is a whiny detail, the fan when in a moving vehicle,
sees an already flowing mass of air.  This should reduce the 20 odd horses
that was predicted to unnecessarily load the engine.

        There was also a questions on the constant depression ZS carbs and
altitude change effects on the engine/carbs.  As mentioned before the
amount of oxygen would be less, yet the relative percentages, I
thought, would have to be very similar here in the living and driving
altitudes.  Is the ratio of nitrogen to oxygen (most of the stuff sucked
into the engine) a function heavily influenced by altitude?  Wouldn't the
Umph relocated say from Florida to Colorado need to be leaned out?  But
what about the less dense air, I keep getting the vision of a manometer
and does it make a good analogy to what is going on?  I am by no means a
carb bard.                              No sig file, Van