Re: Shocks for a Herald/Spit

To: "Dave H." <nowin4me@telis.org>
Subject: Re: Shocks for a Herald/Spit
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 20:25:48 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave,

As Andy was kind enough to point out, I was the one who wrote the
air shock article. In all honesty, I did have one person write and say
his Spit now rode like a truck. I posted some possible reasons (most
probable one being a badly worn spring, i.e. shocks carrying bulk of the
total load), but never heard back.

Shortly after that message, I had a couple of our local Spit pilots take
my driver (Gabriel conversion) for a ride. They reported no real
difference from stock. I know of a few more successful installations,
including one done by our local LBC shop, Motorhead.

If you do the conversion, I'd appreciate your feed-back, as to
installation ease (or problems) and if you find an appreciable
increase in ride harshness.

I know the conversions work for me. Whenever you suggest these kind of
aftermarket modifications into the Spitfire community, you never know if
your releasing a worthy idea.

Your comments would be appreciated,
Charlie B.