RE: Dirty wheel wells...what to do?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Dirty wheel wells...what to do?
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:42:38 -0700

Bob writes:

>Remember some of that 24 years worth of road dirt
>actually IS a coating intentionally placed there.
>
>But if you're doing(...contemplating) a frame-off
>restoration, you're going to want to take some of
>that off too.

Mike and Bob:

Thanks for your prompt replies.  Do those pressure washers really do the
trick,  hypothetically?  What can I expect to find once I spray off all the
dirt?  BTW, Mike, I was born and raised in Lincoln.  (Hypothetically!)

I guess the question is, how much is factory coating and how much is dirt?
I always thought that if I could get rid of the dirt, it would basically
look like the rest of the car.  Were the wheel wells painted body color, or
were they black?  Or, was the body color painted over the coating?  I am
not at this point ready for a restoration.  I just want to spiff things
up... a LOT.

Thanks again, both of you!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6