Dirty wheel wells...what to do?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dirty wheel wells...what to do?
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:41:39 -0700
Triumph nuts:

If a guy (hypothetically) had a TR6 that had, say, 24 years worth of road
dirt (probably at LEAST an 1/8 inch deep coating) how would that person
remove that dirt without having to do a frame-off, sandblasting, stripping,
repainting, etc?  Would that guy (hypothetical) be out of luck, or is there
actually a way to remove this buildup to reveal the painted wheel well
underneath?  I am... I mean - this guy might be a long way away from being
able to do a frame-off restoration, but would like to clean things up if
possible.  Anybody have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6