RE: Dirty wheel wells...what to do?

To: "'dynamic@transport.com'" <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: RE: Dirty wheel wells...what to do?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:03:21 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Pete:

My 76 has the wheel wells coated with the same stuff as the lower
portions of the rocker panels are coated with. It is a black coarse
undercoating like material which was applied to the car on top of the
paint.

I am fairly certain it is how the car came from the showroom (not sure
about the factory cause maybe undercoating was only applied to N/A spec
cars?). So washing the wheel wells on yours should result in a black
surface (but clean black). Note: this last claim is purely hypothetical.

Hey just how dirty are those wheel wells? On mine (a predominantly dry
driver) I can clearly see the black undercoating - just a layer of fine
dirt. I am leaving mine alone since it's not too bad.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada