Re: Trunk panels sealing goop

To: GLENN BOWLEY <gbowley@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Trunk panels sealing goop
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 19:06:27 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
GLENN BOWLEY wrote:

> Hello all-
>
> I was wondering if anybody knows what the "goop" is that's used to seal the
>seams of the trunk of my '75 Spitfire?
> I believe the PO had a fuel leak in the tank, that caused the aforementioned
>"goop" to become very soft. While cleaning up years of residue, dirt, sand,
>and unused emissions stuff, I began wiping out most of this softened stuff.
>Now I have about half of the trunk without any sealant in the seams.
>
> My question is what is this stuff, and (more importantly) what do I re-caulk
>the seams with? I'd like to put this stuff back-in prior to re-painting the
>inside of the trunk.
>
> Glenn Bowley in Mansfield, CT
> gbowley@snet.net
>
> '75 Spit (ready to get caulked)

It's body sealer, availiable as brush on, in a tube for caulk guns, or
as a ropelike stuff that you press into place. You can probably get it
at anyplace that sells automotive bodyworking supplies, or from Eastwood
: http://www.eastwoodco.com

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L
(getting ready to paint)