Spitfire alternator replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire alternator replacement
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 15:47:49 -0500
fellow listers-
In the midst of some work on my horn today, my IGN light went on- I'd been
suspicious since my starter seemed to turn a bit slowly and turn signals
blinked very slowly, latter especially when the headlights were on- with
IGN light still on, I got 13 volts at battery cables no matter what RPM
with everything off- I suspect the dark prince has fried my alternator-
haven't the time to try to trouble shoot today, hope I will tomorrow (any
suggestions welcome), but I called Irv Korey's favorite NAPA auto parts in
Glenview, they can get a Bosch replacement ($114.95), my only suspicion is
will the connecters be correct or do I need to change connecters to use the
Bosch?
thanks
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  Ilinois license plates "SPIT BOY"   VTR #11526
*Spit happens*