Re: TR6 crunch box?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 crunch box?
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 15:58:32 -0400
Trevor,
This is the "classic" sound of the layshaft(countershaft) rear bearing
being chewed up and grinding it's way into the layshaft and
laygear(cluster gear). At this point the layshaft is gone and  driving
any farther will destroy the cluster gear (expensive). Yes, I made the
$200 mistake of thinking I could "get a few more miles out of it".
Good luck,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
'75 TR6  CF38690UO