Re: TR6 Gearbox Problem

To: DuperSude@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Gearbox Problem
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 17:43:50 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DuperSude@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>     Is it just me or can these cars get _really_ hateful at times?  Anyway,
> onto the problem, recently, our 71 TR6 has had alot of trouble going into the
> gears.

The problem may not be the clutch\tranny. Check the runout on the
crankhsaft. It's hard for the clutch to work when the flylwheel wants to
slide toward the radiator!  My thrust wahsers are toast, and the car
sometimes refuses to go into gear. I find that if I take my foot off the
clutch pedal, rev it up @ 2800 in neutral, then everything moves back
into postion and works. Gee, I thought those TR6 guys always revved the
car up at stoplights 'cause it sounded cool. Now I know better!