TR-6 clutch & trans problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 clutch & trans problems
From: Jim Bedient <wh6ef@pixi.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 12:38:44 -1000
>Sorry guys but this sounds like the way my TR6 acted with a broken clutch fork
>pin.
>
>Condolences,
>   Mark.

Sigh.  This morning before I got to messing with the master/slave cylinders,
etc.  I measured the travel of the slave cylinder push rod, it's 5/8" just
like it's supposed to be.  That led to the conclusion that the problem is
inside somewhere... The clutch fork pins, or something.  Looks like I yank
the trans out this week.  Also sounds like I don't want to drive it AT ALL
until I resolve this.  I went digging thru the receipts I got from the
previous owner.  He rebuilt the engine, but except for replacing the release
bearing sleeve he doesn't seem to have touched the clutch.  Oh, well, here's
where I get well aquainted with my TR's drive train!

Aloha,

Jim Bedient
Honolulu, Hawaii