Re: Merlin suffing -(was Datona Exhaust)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Merlin suffing -(was Datona Exhaust)
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:33:05 -0500

    Bruce> I dunno...  I was always partial to a Pratt &
    Bruce> Whitney F100-229 stuffed in a Spitfire, although I
    Bruce> hear the F119 is a bit more efficient...

When I worked at GE Aircraft Engines, I always was tempted to
try and stuff a T700 (1800SHP helicopter turbine) into
something.  I actually measured a '73 impala and determined
that if I could cool the thing it would fit just fine.
The GE-F110/129 is a bit oversized for anything that I'd
care to drive, although I have seen an add for a tractor
pull which alleged to have a GE-110 powered "monster tractor"
at it.  I didn't make it to the event, alas...
                                                        -MM