TR3A steering idler arm and bracket

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A steering idler arm and bracket
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:44:34 -0700
I need to replace the streering idler arm and bracket on my
TR3A (TS314??) but noticed in the Moss catalog that they show
the open end of the brack on the bottom side and the idler arm
being installed from the bottom. On my car and in the Standard
Motors TR2 manual, the open end of the bracket is on the top
and the arm being installed from above. I guess what I'm concerned
about is what way the tapered hole for the silentbloc bushing
goes on the Moss parts. Does anyone know if the bracked is mounted
differently on later cars and/or if the arm/bracket combo from
Moss will work on earlier cars?

Thanks in advance,
Drew

--